The Stronach 5 is Back - Returns Friday June 5
Jun 2, 2020
Races from Laurel, Gulfstream, Golden Gate & Santa Anita
$100,000 Guaranteed Pool, Industry-Low 12-Percent Takeout
Three Races Scheduled on Turf
InTheMoneyPodcast with Kinchen & Fornatale
HALLANDALE BEACH, FL – The Stronach 5, which has consistently offered a strong return on investment, returns Friday with a $100,000 guaranteed pool, an industry-low 12-percent takeout, and races from Laurel Park, Gulfstream Park, Golden Gate Fields and Santa Anita Park.
The five-race sequence will begin at approximately 3:51 ET when 11 maiden 3-year-olds go to post in Laurel’s seventh race, a 1 1/16 miles turf event. Laurel’s eighth race, also a turf event, will serve as the third leg of the Stronach 5. The sequence will conclude with Santa Anita’s fourth race, a turf event for fillies and mares.
Friday’s races and sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park 7th Race: (11 entries, 5 1/2 furlongs turf) 3:51 ET, 12:51 PT
- Leg Two –Gulfstream Park 9th Race: (9 entries, 1 1/16 mile) 4:13 ET, 1:13 PT
- Leg Three –Laurel Park 8th Race: (13 entries, 1 1/16 mile turf) 4:25 ET, 1:25 PT
- Leg Four –Golden Gate Fields 3rd Race: (8 entries, 5 furlongs) 4:54 ET, 1:54 PT
- Leg Five –Santa Anita Park 4th race: (9 entries, 1 mile turf) 5:09 ET, 2:09 PT
The Stronach 5 In the Money podcast, hosted by Jonathan Kinchen and Peter Thomas Fornatale, will be posted by 2 p.m. Thursday at InTheMoneyPodcast.com
and will be available on iTunes and other major podcast distributors
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.